|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Muller, Martin P., d. 1876.|
|Title:||City market architectural drawings|
|Extent:||0.5 cubic feet (1 oversize folder)|
This was the third City Market building to be built on Ellis Square in Savannah, Georgia to serve as a central location for members of the community to buy their meat, vegetables, fruit, seafood, and other household staples in one central location. The design was created by German architects, Martin P. Muller and Augustus Schwaab in 1870. This building stood for over eighty years until it was demolished in 1954 in order to make way for a parking garage which has since been demolished as well to create space for the new Ellis Square.
This collection contains eleven architectural drawings for the Old City Market that was located in Ellis Square in Savannah, Georgia. These drawings are from 1870 and were designed by German architects, Martin P. Muller and Augustus Schwaab.
This collection is processed at the Basic Level (or collection level). There is no detailed inventory for this collection as it is not fully processed. To request that this collection be added to our priority list of collections to be fully processed as staffing and funding allow, please contact the Library and Archives staff.
The collection is open for research.