|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Wilson, M. Edward.|
|Title:||Union Station framed photographs|
|Extent:||1.0 cubic feet (3 framed photographs)|
The Union Station stood on West Broad St. (renamed MLK Blvd. in 1990) in Savannah, Georgia and served the Seaboard, Southern, and Atlantic Coast Line Railroads for sixty years. This railroad station was designed by architect Frank P. Milburn of Charlotte, North Carolina and was built in 1902. It was demolished in 1962 in order to make way for Interstate 16.
This collection contains three framed photographs of the Union Station in Savannah, Georgia from circa 1902. The three photographs feature the station's waiting room, and two different views of the train shed. These photographs were taken by M. Edward Wilson of Savannah, Georgia.
This collection is processed at the Basic Level (or collection level). There is no detailed inventory for this collection as it is not fully processed. To request that this collection be added to our priority list of collections to be fully processed as staffing and funding allow, please contact the Library and Archives staff.
The collection is open for research.