|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Ladies' Memorial Association (Savannah, Ga.)|
|Title:||Ladies Memorial Association broadside|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 oversize folder)|
The Ladies Memorial Association was formed in 1867 in Savannah, Georgia for the purpose of caring for Confederate graves in Laurel Grove Cemetery and to raise funds for a Confederate monument. They merged with the United Daughters of the Confederacy in 1897.
This collection contains a broadside by the Ladies Memorial Association of Savannah, Georgia on 3 June 1879 declaring that George W. J. DeRenne had graciously presented the association with a bronze statue of a Confederate soldier and they wished to express their gratitude for this donation.
This collection is processed at the Basic Level (or collection level). There is no detailed inventory for this collection as it is not fully processed. To request that this collection be added to our priority list of collections to be fully processed as staffing and funding allow, please contact the Library and Archives staff.
The collection is open for research.