|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Title:||Tybee Island Lighthouse certificates|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
The first lighthouse on Tybee Island was built in 1736; at ninety feet high, it was the tallest construction in America. It was repaired and rebuilt a number of times. In 1769, the colonial government decided to rebuild the lighthouse. That construction, the third rebuilding, was finished in 1788. The present structure is built on the base of the 1788 structure.
This collection contains two certificates to fund building of the lighthouse.
This collection is processed at the Basic Level (or collection level). There is no detailed inventory for this collection as it is not fully processed. To request that this collection be added to our priority list of collections to be fully processed as staffing and funding allow, please contact the Library and Archives staff.
Collection is open for research.