|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Solomons Company (Savannah, Ga.)|
|Title:||Solomons Company records|
|Extent:||2.0 cubic feet (1 box, 11 volumes)|
The Solomons Company was founded in 1845 by Abraham A. Solomons, an apothecary and druggist from Georgetown, South Carolina. Since 1913, this drugstore was located at 337 Bull Street in Savannah, Georgia. Over the years, this drugstore evolved into a wholesale and retail seller of prescription drugs, a soda fountain, and an ice cream parlor. It was one of the oldest drugstores in the country until its closure in 1981.
This collection contains ledgers, charters, bylaws, stock certificates, minutes, postcards, leases, bills of sale, and clippings of the Solomons Company in Savannah, Georgia from 1900 to 1965.
This collection is arranged into 1 box, 11 volumes:
This collection is processed at the Basic Level (or collection level). There is no detailed inventory for this collection as it is not fully processed. To request that this collection be added to our priority list of collections to be fully processed as staffing and funding allow, please contact the Library and Archives staff.
The collection is open for research.