|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Christ Church (Savannah, Ga.)|
|Title:||Christ Church photographs|
|Extent:||0.75 cubic feet (1 box, 1 photograph album)|
Christ Church in Savannah, Georgia was founded in 1733 by Henry Herbert. Christ Church was the first Anglican parish in Georgia. John Wesley served as the third rector of the parish, from 1736-1737. George Whitefield succeeded Wesley. The church received its charter on 23 December 1789, which was finalized by Edward Telfair on 3 March 1790.
This collection contains a photograph album and loose photographs and negatives pertaining to Christ Church in Savannah, Georgia from 1920 to 1983. These photographs include members of the church and services within the church. Some of the group photographs in the album have been identified.
This collection is arranged into 1 box, 1 photograph album:
This collection is processed at the Basic Level (or collection level). There is no detailed inventory for this collection as it is not fully processed. To request that this collection be added to our priority list of collections to be fully processed as staffing and funding allow, please contact the Library and Archives staff.
The collection is open for research.