|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Telfair Hospital Nurses Alumnae Association (Savannah, Ga.)|
|Title:||Telfair Hospital Nurses Alumnae Association records|
|Extent:||1.2 cubic feet (2 boxes, 1 volume)|
The Telfair Hospital for Women in Savannah, Georgia, formally opened in January 1886, was established under a bequest in the will of Mary Telfair (1791-1875). A training school for nurses was chartered in 1900 and was the first school of its kind in Georgia. The first class graduated in 1902 and the school continued operation until 1936. Over the school's thirty four year span, approximately 1,400 nurses graduated from the program and the alumnae from this program strived to meet fours times per year as part of the Telfair Hospital Nurses Alumnae Association.
This collection contains membership records, accounts, clippings, articles, and photographs regarding the Telfair Hospital Nurses Alumnae Association in Savannah, Georgia from 1933 to 1994.
This collection is arranged into 2 boxes, 1 volume:
This collection is processed at the Basic Level (or collection level). There is no detailed inventory for this collection as it is not fully processed. To request that this collection be added to our priority list of collections to be fully processed as staffing and funding allow, please contact the Library and Archives staff.
The collection is open for research.