|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Moravian Archives (Bethlehem, Pa.)|
|Title:||Moravian Archives collection on the Moravian Church of Savannah (Ga.)|
|Extent:||0.02 cubic feet (1 microfilm roll)|
The Moravian Archives is the official repository for the records of the Moravian Church in America.
This collection consists of a microfilm copy of sixty-two documents concerning lots in Savannah, Georgia, dating from August 23, 1762 to May 3, 1822. It primarily consists of correspondence between H.C.A. deSchweiniz and J.G. Cunow and various agents of the Moravian Church in Savannah. Most of the material concerns the lease or sale of four lots owned by the Moravians in Savannah. The materials also contain various references to young women whom their families desired to place in the Moravian boarding school in Bethlehem and an inquiry regarding the heirs of Matthias Salfnes. Also included are various descriptions of the lots, including John Ettwein's description of Savannah in 1762. The collection also includes an index to the papers.
Original materials in the Moravian Archives, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
A microfilm reader is required to access this collection.
[item identification], Moravian Archives collection on the Moravian Church of Savannah (Ga.), MS 1745, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of Walter C. Hartridge, 1959.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Materials in this collection are not to be reproduced without permission from the Archive Committee, Moravian Archives, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
|1||X-1745-01. Moravian Archives collection on the Moravian Church of Savannah, 1762-1822|