|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Chatham County (Ga.)|
|Title:||Chatham County (Ga.) records|
|Extent:||0.02 cubic feet (1 microfilm roll)|
Chatham County, Georgia, named for William Pitt the Elder, Earl of Chatham, was formed from the parishes of Christ Church Paris and St. Phillip in 1777. Savannah is the county seat.
This collection consists of a microfilm copy of records from Chatham County, Georgia. Included are a typescript of a map index in the Office of Superior Court; a judgment docket from Superior Court, 1782-1837; a register of "Free Persons of Color," 1826-1835; an unidentified store account book, 1783-1796; a Supreme Court record index to docket of writs (proceedings) commending 1799, Georgia Supreme Court; Inferior Court records, 1795-1802; an index to a judgment docket, Inferior Court; and a list of those entitled to draw in the land lottery of 1832.
These records were microfilmed by the Georgia Department of State between 1946 and 1979 (exact date unknown).
A microfilm reader is required to access this collection.
[item identification], Chatham County (Ga.) records, MS 1742, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|1||X-1742-01. Chatham County records|