|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Lumpkin County (Ga.)|
|Title:||Lumpkin County Courthouse (Ga.) land grants, plats, and deed|
|Extent:||0.02 cubic feet (1 microfilm roll)|
Lumpkin County, Georgia was established by the state legislature in 1832. Named for Wilson Lumpkin, the county was the site of the 1828 gold rush, the first of its magnitude in the country. Dahlonega is the county seat.
This collection consists of a microfilm copy of land records pertaining to the property now occupied by the courthouse in Lumpkin County, Georgia. The courthouse is now a State Historical monument. Included are the original gold lottery land grant to Peleg R. McCrarry, a plat of the granted land, a certified copy of the grant and a certified copy of the plat, and the original copy of the deed showing Peleg R. McCrarry deeding the land to the Inferior Court of Lumpkin County. These documents are the first set of materials on microfilm roll X-1545-04; this roll contains materials from multiple collections.
These documents were microfilmed by the Georgia Department of Archives and History in 1966.
Original land grants plats, and deed,in the possession of the Historical Commission, Secretary of State in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1966.
A microfilm reader is required to access this collection.
[item identification], Lumpkin County Courthouse (Ga.) land grants, plats, and deed, MS 1730, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|1||X-1545-04. Lumpkin County Courthouse (Ga.) land grants, plats, and deed, 1831-1845|
|First items on the microfilm roll (roll contains materials from multiple collections).|