|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Georgia. Department of Archives and History.|
|Title:||Richmond County (Ga.) tax records|
|Extent:||0.02 cubic feet (1 microfilm roll)|
Richmond County, Georgia was established in 1777, replacing St. Pauls Parish. The county originally encompassed land that later became Richmond, Columbia, and McDuffie Counties, as well as parts of Warren, Glascock, and Jefferson Counties. Augusta became the county seat. The Richmond County Courthouse was established by a January 23, 1780 act of the Georgia Legislature for a courthouse jail, and seminary in Augusta.
This collection consists of a microfilm copy of the following tax digests for Richmond County, Georgia: 1820, 1822-1825, 1830-1831, 1833-1834. These records are the last set of records on the microfilm roll X-1545-03; this microfilm roll contains materials from multiple collections.
These tax digests were microfilmed by the Georgia Department of Archives and History in 1960.
Original tax records in the Georgia Department of Archives and History.
A microfilm reader is required to access this collection.
[item identification], Richmond County (Ga.) tax records, MS 1729, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|1||X-1545-03. Richmond County tax records|
|Collection is 6th on the microfilm roll (roll contains multiple collections).|