|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Georgia. Court of Ordinary (Chatham County)|
|Creator:||Georgia. Department of Archives and History.|
|Title:||Chatham County (Ga.) estate records|
|Extent:||0.04 cubic feet (2 microfilm boxes)|
Chatham County, Georgia, named for William Pitt the Elder, Earl of Chatham, was formed from the parishes of Christ Church Paris and St. Phillip in 1777. Savannah is the county seat.
This collection consists of microfilm copies of estate records from the Chatham County, Georgia, Court of Ordinary. Included are divisions, 1817-1860; a docket to estate proceedings, 1825-1828; and appraisements and letters of administrations, Book G, 1777-1778.
These records were microfilmed by the Georgia Department of Archives and History in 1960.
Original divisions and docket in the Office of the Ordinary, Chatham County Courthouse, Savannah, Georgia in 1959.
Original appraisement and letters of administration, Book G, in the possession of the Georgia Historical Society (missing as of 2007).
A microfilm reader is required to access this collection.
[item identification], Chatham County (Ga.) estate records, MS 1728, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|1||X-1545-02. Estate records: divisions, docket to estate proceedings, 1817-1860. 1825-1828|
|Items 2 and 3 on the microfilm roll (roll contains materials from multiple collections).|
|2||X-1545-03. Estate records: appraisements and letters of administration, Book G, 1777-1778|
|Item 1 on the microfilm roll (roll contains materials from multiple collections).|