|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Christ Church (Savannah, Ga.)|
|Title:||Christ Church (Savannah, Ga.) charter|
|Extent:||0.02 cubic feet (1 microfilm roll)|
Christ Church in Savannah, Georgia, was founded in 1733 by Henry Herbert. Christ Church was the first Anglican parish in Georgia. John Wesley served as the third rector of the parish, from 1736-1737. George Whitefield succeeded Wesley. The church received its charter on December 23, 1789, which was finalized by Edward Telfair on March 3, 1790.
This collection consists of a microfilm copy of the original charter of Christ Church in Savannah, Georgia, dated March 3, 1790 and signed by William Telfair.
The microfilm, X-1600-01, is located on the same roll as X-1610-01. The charter was microfilmed by the Georgia State Archives in 1958.
A microfilm reader is required to access this collection.
[item identification], Christ Church (Savannah, Ga.) charter, MS 1697, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|1||X-1697-01. Christ Church application for charter, 1794|
|Located on the same roll as X-1610-01.|