|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||George, III, King of Great Britain, 1738-1820.|
|Title:||Edward Hopton land grant|
|Dates:||1766 September 2|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
No biographical information is available.
This collection contains a 1853 copy of a 1766 king’s land grant. The original 1766 grant granted a lot in Savannah, Georgia to Edward Hopton by King George III on September 2, 1766. The grant refers to lot 3 of Wilmington tything in the Derby Ward of Savannah, which sits on West Bay Street. This official copy of the grant was signed in Milledgeville, Georgia on July 16, 1853 by Secretary of State, W.C. Barnett.
Edward Hopton land grant, MS 1622, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.