|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||First Volunteer Regiment of Georgia.|
|Title:||First Volunteer Regiment of Georgia ledger|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 volume)|
The Georgia Volunteers formed from several different companies after the United States Civil War. The First Georgia Militia Regiment, based in Chatham County, Georgia, was organized from the Georgia Volunteers in 1899 and served as a state militia.
This volume is a ledger of the First Volunteer Regiment of Georgia from 1893 through 1895. The entries were made at Camp Northern in Griffin, Georgia. They provide some basic expenses and supplies for Company A (Republican Blues), Company B (Irish Jasper Greens), Company C (German Volunteers), and Company D (Oglethorpe Light Infantry). The last pages of the ledger contain prices for rations and a list of rations per person.
[item identification], First Volunteer Regiment of Georgia ledger, MS 1564, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of William G. Ray, 1996.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.