|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Georgia. Court of Ordinary (Oglethorpe County)|
|Creator:||Georgia. Department of Archives and History.|
|Title:||Oglethorpe County (Ga.) records|
|Extent:||0.02 cubic feet (1 microfilm roll)|
Oglethorpe County, Georgia, was created from a portion of Wilkes County in 1793, encompassing lands originally lost by the Creek and Cherokee Indians through treaties signed in 1773. It was named for James Oglethorpe. The county seat of Lexington was first settled in 1774 and named in honor of Lexington, Massachusetts; it was incorporated in 1806.
This collection consists of records from the Court of Ordinary, Oglethorpe County, Georgia. Included are a register of Ordinary minutes, 1794-1806, an Inferior Court Subpoena docket, 1855-1867, and a jurors' list, 1870-1893.
These records were microfilmed by the Genealogical Society of Salt Lake City, Utah, in 1957.
Originals in the Court of Ordinary, Oglethorpe County, Georgia.
A microfilm reader is required to access this collection.
[item identification], Oglethorpe County (Ga.) records, MS 1543, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|1||X-1543-01. Oglethorpe County (Ga.) records, 1794-1893|