|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Georgia. Court of Ordinary (Jefferson County)|
|Title:||Jefferson County (Ga.) marriage records and index|
|Extent:||0.02 cubic feet (1 microfilm roll)|
Jefferson County, Georgia, was established in 1796 from land formerly part of Burke and Warren counties. It was named for Thomas Jefferson. Louisville, the county seat, was the third capital of Georgia.
This collection consists of a microfilmed copy of marriage records of Jefferson County, Georgia. The first item is a typescript of "white" marriage book A, 1803-1880. The other items are a typescript and original copy of a marriage index, 1865-1882.
These records were microfilmed by the Genealogical Society of Salt Lake City, Utah, and the Georgia Department of Archives and History in 1958.
Original records and index in the possession of the Ordinary, Jefferson County, Georgia.
A microfilm reader is required to access this collection.
[item identification], Jefferson County (Ga.) marriage records and index, MS 1541, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|1||X-1541-01. Jefferson County marriage records and index, 1803-1882|