|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Georgia (Colony). Commons House of Assembly.|
|Title:||Colonial government of Georgia land grant register|
|Extent:||0.07 cubic feet (1 volume)|
After the termination of Trustee governance of Georgia, the colony was subsequently governed by a Governor and Council. On January 1, and May 26, 1755, John Reynolds, the first Royal Governor, issued proclamations calling for the colonists to register within two years all lands granted to them prior to 1755 and to take out new grants.
This volume includes: claimants names, number of acres, situation of lands (which also gives source of grant, whether by an authority, by purchase or by inheritance and the date of original grant), and original grantee. It also shows some of the grants registered in April and May 1757. This volume is indexed.
This volume is a copy of the original at the Georgia Archives.
[item identification], Colonial government of Georgia land grant register, MS 1531, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.