|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Georgia-Carolina Power Company.|
|Title:||Georgia-Carolina Power Company scrapbook|
|Extent:||0.2 cubic feet (1 volume)|
In 1914, the Georgia-Carolina Power Company constructed the Stevens Creek Plant, a 15,000-horsepower generating station on the Savannah River about 8 miles about Augusta, Georgia. This plant provided electricity to Augusta. Effective December 11, 1928, the Georgia Power Company acquired the properties of the Georgia-Carolina Power Company, excepting the Stevens Creek Plant.
This collection consists of a scrapbook of the development of the Savannah River by the Georgia-Carolina Power Company from 1912 through 1914. It includes pictures of the construction of a power station along the Savannah River, most likely the Stevens Creek Plant. All of the photographs are black and white.
[item identification], Georgia-Carolina Power Company scrapbook, MS 1530, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Milton Wallis, 1993.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|1||Georgia-Carolina Power Company scrapbook, 1912-1914|