|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||First Baptist Church of Savannah (Ga.)|
|Title:||First Baptist Church of Savannah charter of incorporation|
|Extent:||0.1 cubic feet (1 oversize folder)|
The First Baptist Church of Savannah, Georgia, located on the corner of Bryan and Montgomery Street, was formally organized on 26 November 1800. In 1801, the church was given neighboring Lot #20 and a parsonage was later built there. On 10 December 1801, the church was granted a perpetual charter of incorporation. Their second and current building is located on Chippewa Square.
This collection contains a photostat copy of the perpetual charter of incorporation signed on 10 December 1801 for the First Baptist Church of Savannah, Georgia.
This collection is processed at the Basic Level (or collection level). There is no detailed inventory for this collection as it is not fully processed. To request that this collection be added to our priority list of collections to be fully processed as staffing and funding allow, please contact the Library and Archives staff.
The collection is open for research.