|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Title:||Bulloch County (Ga.) tax record|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
On March 17, 1758, an act was passed by the Georgia Legislature in which the Province of Georgia was divided into eight parishes. One of the eight parishes of colonial Georgia was St. Philips. In February of 1776, the Georgia Legislature created Bulloch County from St. Philips Parish. Bulloch County is named for Archibald Bulloch, a South Carolina native who moved to Georgia and owned a plantation along the Savannah River.
This collection consists of a tax collection list written by Josiah Everitt, Collector of Direct Tax for the 8th collection district and first division of the District of Georgia. Included in the list are names of individuals whose real estate condition would be used to determine tax value.
[item identification], Bulloch County (Ga.) tax record, MS 1191, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|1||Item 1: Tax record. Bulloch County, Georgia, Undated ( 5.0 p. )|