|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Title:||Pembroke (Ga.) ordinance book|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
Pembroke, Georgia, came by its name from a prominent citizen of the late 19th century, Judge Pembroke Williams. As was true for so many small towns of the rural South, Pembroke's inception was dependent upon the railroad. Pembroke came into existence when the Savannah and Western Railroad extended its line from Meldrim, Georgia, to a point 32 miles west of Savannah.
This collection consists of a copy of the Pembroke, Georgia city ordinances adopted June 14, 1894. This copy has been pasted onto the pages of the booklet Articles of the Carolina Inter-State Building and Loan Association; the original booklet is now illegible.
[item identification], Pembroke (Ga.) ordinance book, MS 1184, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|1||Item 1: Ordinance booklet. Pembroke, Georgia, 1894 June 14 (1 booklet.)|