|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Central Bank of Georgia.|
|Title:||Central Bank of Georgia business letters|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
The Central Bank of Georgia was established in 1828 by the Georgia State Legislature using state funds. The bank's directors were directly appointed by the governor. The bank did not closely monitor its funds, and it closed in 1856, resulting in the state losing a large amount of money from the endeavor.
This collection consists of two letters from Central Bank of Georgia to Jonathan McIntyre, dated 1836 and 1839. The first letter is regarding a renewal of a bank note for $180; the second letter is regarding payment of a bank note. Both were sent from Milledgeville, Georgia.
[item identification], Central Bank of Georgia business letters, MS 1109, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of David M. Sherman, 1973.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|Item 1: Central Bank of Georgia letter to Jonathan McIntyre, 1836 August 8 ( 1.0 p. )|
|Sent from Milledgeville, Ga. unsigned. Regarding renewal of a bank note for $180.|
|Item 2: Central Bank of Georgia letter to Jonathan McIntyre, 1839 August 16 ( 1.0 p. )|
|Sent from Milledgeville, Ga. Regarding payment of a bank note.|