|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Screven House (Savannah, Ga.)|
|Title:||Screven House receipts|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
The Screven House was a boarding house until the 1850s when it was turned into a hotel by James P. Screven. It reached its peak of fame during the Civil War, but it lasted until its demolition in 1911. It stood on the southeast corner of Bull and Congress streets.
This collection consists of a photocopy of two receipts for room and board at the Screven House, one to Mrs. Peters and the other to Orion Frazer. Both are dated July 11, 1868.
[item identification], Screven House receipts, MS 1078, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of Mrs. W. Spencer Connerat, 1974.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|Item 1: Screven House receipts for room and board, 1868 July 11|
|One to Mrs. Peters and the other to Orion Frazer. Positive photocopies of both on one page.|