|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Title:||Marion Hartfelder collection of indentures|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
No biographical information is available.
This collection consists of three indentures to lot 14, Columbia Ward, Savannah, Georgia. The lot, originally owned by Isaiah Davenport, was purchased by James Audley Maxwell in 1828, and then divided into two parcels in 1845 upon the death of Maxwell. Two-thirds of the lot was purchased by John Stevenson and the remaining third was given to Joseph Cumming (guardian of Laura E. and Charles E. Maxwell, children of James Maxwell) and Susan Mary Maxwell upon their marriage.
Material was deposited in Citizens and Southern National Bank by collector.
[item identification], Marion Hartfelder collection of indentures, MS 1054, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of Citizen and Southern National Bank, 1973.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|Item 1: Deed to James Audley Maxwell for purchase of lot 14, Columbia Ward, Savannah, Georgia, 1828 May 6 ( 1.0 p. )|
|Item 2: Deed to John Stevenson from Joseph Cumming, 1845 January 22 ( 2.0 p. )|
|Two-thirds of lot 14, Columbia Ward, Savannah, Georgia.|
|Item 3: Deed to Joseph Cumming and Susan Mary Maxwell, 1845 March 1|
|One-third of lot 14, Columbia Ward, Savannah, Georgia. Deed presented at their marriage.|