|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||L.S. Bennett and Company (Savannah, Ga.)|
|Title:||L.S. Bennett and Company journal|
|Extent:||0.15 cubic feet (1 volume)|
L.S. Bennett announced in the Daily Morning News on May 17, 1853, that his "carriage establishment" was successor to J.C. Thornton. His was the only carriage business in Savannah, Georgia, during this time period. J.C. Thornton, according to a November 20, 1851 issue, has "recently erected on the corner of Bay and East Broad streets a new and extensive Carriage Warehouse. It comprises three extensive Ware-Rooms, a Wood Shop, Paint, Shop, Harness Maker's Shop and Smith's Shop, besides offices for the transition of business."
This collection consists of a journal from L.S. Bennett and Company's carriage establishment, 1853-1856.
[item identification], L.S. Bennett and Company journal, MS 896, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of Chatham County Superior Court and Commissioners, 1951.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|Item 1: Journal of accounts, 1853-1856|