James A. Waters land grant and plat
New Search | Return to Search Results | View/Save/Print PDF

James A. Waters land grant and plat

Descriptive Summary

Repository: Georgia Historical Society
Creator: Georgia. Governor (1851-1853 : Cobb)
Title: James A. Waters land grant and plat
Dates: 1851
Extent: 0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)
Identification: MS 0841

Biographical/Historical Note

Howell Cobb (1815-1868) served as congressman (1843-1851; 1855-1857), Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives (1849-1851) and secretary of the treasury (1857-1860) in addition to his term as governor of Georgia, 1851-1853. He was born in Jefferson County, Georgia on September 7, 1815; he died on October 9, 1868. No biographical information is available for James A. Waters.


Scope and Content Note

This collection consists of a land grant to James A. Waters of Bulloch County, Georgia, for a tract of 60 acres in Bulloch County, 1851. A plat and pendant seal are attached.


Index Terms

Bulloch County (Ga.)
Cobb, Howell, 1815-1868.
Georgia. Governor (1851-1853 : Cobb)
Land grants.
Plats (maps)
Seals (artifacts)
Waters, James A.

Administrative Information

Custodial History

Unknown.

Preferred Citation

[item identification], James A. Waters land grant and plat, MS 841, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.

Acquisition Information

Unknown.


Restrictions

Access Restrictions

Collection is open for research.

Publication Rights

Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.


Sponsorship

Encoding funded by a 2012 Documenting Democracy grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.

Container List

 
Item 1: Land grant to James A. Waters of Bulloch County, a tract of 60 acres in Bulloch County, 1851 December 2 ( 2.0 p. )
Plant and pendant seal attached.