|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Sylvania Railroad Company (Ga.)|
|Title:||Sylvania Railroad Company meeting minutes|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
The Sylvania Railroad Company was chartered on January 3, 1884. It ran from Sylvania, Georgia to the Central of Georgia rail at Rocky Ford. The 15-mile line was completed by April, 1885. The company foreclosed in 1903, and the Sylvania Central Railroad Company was organized to take over the line.
This collection consists of the minutes from the second meeting of the Directors of the Sylvania Railroad Company, held on March 18, 1884. Appended to the two-page document is a note that the meeting on March 25, 1884, was adjourned for lack of a quorum.
[item identification], Sylvania Railroad Company meeting minutes, MS 783, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of Lowry Axley, 1956.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|Item 1: Minutes of the second meeting the Directors of the Sylvania Rail Road Company, 1883 March 18 ( 2.0 p. )|