|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Harris, Raymond V., approximately 1881-1943.|
|Creator:||Savannah Training School for the Blind (Ga.)|
|Title:||Raymond V. Harris collection of Savannah Training School for the Blind records|
|Extent:||0.3 cubic feet (1 folder, 1 tube)|
The Savannah Training School for the Blind was incorporated in May 1931, for the purpose of vocational training for blind persons. Dr. Raymond V. Harris was the first chairman of the Corporation.
This collection consists of the minutes, by-laws, and other papers of the Savannah Training School for the Blind. Included are a book of certificates for aid, support, and membership, including a certificate to Dr. Raymond V. Harris, as well as the charter of the Georgia Association for the Blind, Savannah Chapter, dated 1930. The certificate bears the signatures of the charter members. These papers were the property of Dr. Raymond V. Harris.
Material was acquired from the creator's daughter.
[item identification], Raymond V. Harris collection of Savannah Training School for the Blind records, MS 710, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of Louise Harris Lane, 1968.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|1||Minutes of the organization meeting, 1931 May 21|
|2||Minutes of the first meeting of the trustees, 1931 May 21|
|3||Bylaws of Savannah Training School for the Blind|
|4||Book of certificates for aid, support, and membership|
|5 certificates were sold; stubs lists purchasers. Certificate No. 5 to Dr. Raymond V. Harris laid in.|
|5||Charter of the Georgia Association for the Blind, Savannah Chapter, 1930 January 22|
|Bears signatures of charter members.|