|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Title:||Savannah (Ga.) gold bonds|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
Savannah, Georgia, was founded in 1733 by a group of colonists from England, led by James Edward Oglethorpe. King George II chartered the colony in 1732.
During the early twentieth-century, Savannah was the national leader of the paper-pulp and food processing industries.
This collection consists of ten city bonds given to the Georgia Historical Society. They are for funding gold bonds and are for $1,000 each. Issued in 1909, these bonds were voided in 1959.
[item identification], Savannah (Ga.) gold bonds, MS 685, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of Mayor and Alderman W.L. Mingledorff, Jr., 1959.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|Items 1-10: Funding gold bonds, each for $1,000|
|Issued Jan. 2, 1909; voided 1959.|