|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||United States. Army. Transportation Corps.|
|Title:||USS St. Mihiel quarantine report|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
The USS St. Mihiel was built by the American International Shipbuilding Corp. on Hogs Island, Pennsylvania in 1920. She was used as an army transport, carrying soldiers to and from battle. In 1923, she carried the last American soldiers back from Germany at the end of World War I. In 1943, the USS St. Mihiel was decommissioned to the Navy, where she served as an army hospital ship.
This collection consists of a quarantine report for the U.S. Army Transport, St. Mihiel. Written by Captain William H. Houston, Medical Corps, USA, Transport Surgeon, to the Quarantine Officer at the Port of Savannah, 1923. The report certifies there are no infectious or contagious diseases aboard the St. Mihiel. Also included is the statement that the report was taken by Barton Brow, Medical Officer in Charge when he inspected the St. Mihiel, which brought over the last U.S. troops from Germany.
[item identification], USS St. Mihiel quarantine report, MS 675, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|Item 1: Quarantine report to Quarantine Officer, port of Savannah from William H. Houston, Captain, Medical Corps, USA, Transport Surgeon. U.S. Army Transport St. Mihiel, Office of the Surgeon, Savannah, 1923 February 7 ( 1.0 p. )|
|Certifies that there are no infectious or contagious diseases aboard the St. Mihiel. Added is the statement that quarantine report was taken up by Barton Brow, medical Officer in Charge when he inspected the St. Mihiel, which brought over the last U.S. troops from Germany.|