|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Summers, Betty K., 1922-2006.|
|Title:||Betty Summers collection of Randolph County (Ga.) deeds|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
Randolph County, Georgia, was created from Lee County in 1828. A largely agricultural county, it was named after john Randolph of Roanoke, Virginia. Lumpkin served as the county seat until 1830, when Cuthbert earned the duty.
This collection consists of deeds for land in Lot 159, 11th District of Randolph County, Georgia. Included are a deed from Obidiah O. Hasty to James Hasty for half of lot No. 159 in the 11th District of Randolph County, 1845; a deed from James Hasty to Obidiah O. Hasty et al, trustees for a county school, for 2 acres of the tract in Lot 159 on which the school was situated, 1847, and includes a relinquishment of claim to the land by the school trustees, dated 1861; and a quit claim deed from Thomas Dennard to Joel S. Millen for the same tract of land, 1853.
[Item identification], Betty Summers collection of Randolph County (Ga.) deeds, MS 645, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of Mrs. Hugh Summers, 1967.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|Item 1: Deed, Obidiah O. Hasty to James hasty, half tract of No. 159 in the 11th Dist., Randolph County, 1845 May 12 ( 2.0 p. )|
|Item 2: James Hasty to Obidiah O. Hasty et al, trustees for a county school, for 2 acres of above tract on which the school is situated, 1847 January 29 ( 1.0 p. )|
|On the back is a relinquishment of claim to the land by the school trustees, Feb. 15, 1861.|
|Item 3: Quit claim deed, Thomas Dennard to Joel S. Millen, 1853 December 7 ( 1.0 p. )|
|For same tract as in Item 1 above.|