|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Liberty County (Ga.)|
|Title:||Liberty County records|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
Liberty County formed on February 5, 1777, from three of the original parishes of Georgia, including St. John's Parish. St. John's Parish was the first in Georgia to send a representative to the Continental Congress in 1775.
This collection consists of three items: the payroll of the first division of Captain John McIntosh's Company of Liberty County Militia; document of the return of Col. Daniel Stewart, Lt. Col. William McIntosh, and Major Simon Fraser's battalion, 1792; statement that the marsh lands of Liberty and McIntosh Counties are suitable for the cultivation of grains, hemp, cotton, and indigo.
[item identification], Liberty County records, MS 494, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Payroll of the first division published in Collections of the Georgia Historical Society: Selected Eighteenth Century Manuscripts, v.20 (1980).
|Item 1: Payroll of the first division of Captain John McIntosh's Company in battalion of Liberty County Militia ( 1.0 p. )|
|Item 2: Return of the battalion of Liberty County commanded by Col. Daniel Stewart, Lt. Col. William McIntosh, Jr., Major Simon Fraser, all three commissioned, 1792 February 22|
|Item 3: Statement that the marsh lands of Liberty and McIntosh Counties are suitable for cultivation of rice, Indian corn, cotton, hemp, indigo, tobacco, sugar cane and most small grains, 1797 April 14 ( 1.0 p. )|