|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Kin Mori Gold Mining Company (Ga.)|
|Title:||Kin Mori Gold Mining Company records|
|Extent:||0.2 cubic feet (3 folders)|
The Kin Mori Gold Mining Company was established around the year 1875 by Charles W. Short of Cincinnati on 680 acres he purchased in Dawson County, Georgia. Mr. Short's company failed during the Panic of 1893, so he closed down the mine and assigned the property to another person. In 1918 he bought the property back from his assignee but did not resume operation of the mine. Short died in 1926 and the property was inherited by his sons, Charles W. Short, Jr., and John Cleves Short.
This collection consists of 70 deeds to the Kin Mori Gold Mining Company property, 1832-1883; engineers' reports, 1892 and 1893; a typed copy of a letter to C.W. Short and J.C. Short, January 14, 1927, containing assays made in 1881; a sketch of the history of the Kin Mori Gold Mining property with extracts of engineers' reports attached, undated; and a map of the property made by Hall Brothers Engineers, Atlanta, undated.
[item identification], Kin Mori Gold Mining Company records, MS 460, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of Historical and Philosophical Society of Ohio, 1953.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|1||Items 1-18: Deeds, 1832-1859|
|2||Items 19-46: Deeds, 1860-1879|
|3||Items 47-79: Deeds and other papers, 1880-1883, 1892-1927 and undated|