|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Cherokee County (Ga.)|
|Title:||John G. Fry land grant|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
Cherokee County, located in northwest Georgia, was established in 1831 from lands in the Cherokee Indian Territory. The Cherokee Indians living on the land were relocated to outlying areas before being relocated to present-day Oklahoma on the Trail of Tears. The decision to establish counties on Cherokee territory may have resulted from the discovery of gold in the area in 1828. The county seat of Cherokee County, Canton, was originally named Etowah after the Etowah River.
This collection contains a land grant for Lot 78, 5th District, 4th Section of Cherokee County to John G. Fry of Coweta County, Georgia. The grant includes a plat and pendant seal.
[item identification], John G. Fry land grant, MS 268, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|Grant of Lot 78, 5th District, 4th Section of Cherokee County, Georgia consisting of 160 acres, to John G. Fry of Coweta County, Georgia, 1836 ( 2.0 p. )|
|This document includes a plat and pendant seal.|