|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Jackson County (Ga.)|
|Title:||Fort Madison certificate|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
Fort Madison was one of a string of forts on the Indian frontier, built in the late 18th and early 19th centuries.
This collection consists of a 1797 certificate of appraisement for two blockhouses at Fort Madison in Jackson County, Georgia. A diagram is attached to the document.
[item identification], Fort Madison certificate, MS 263, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.