|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Central of Georgia Railway.|
|Title:||Central of Georgia Railway stock certificate|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
The Central Rail Road and Canal Company was organized in 1833 by a group of Savannah businessmen. In 1835, its name changed to Central Rail Road and Banking Company of Georgia. The company was sold and reorganized as the Central of Georgia Railway in 1895. IN 1971, the name changed to Central of Georgia Railroad.
This collection consists of stock certificate no. 119 of the Central Rail Road and Banking Company of Georgia, dated Savannah, May 3, 1839. It certifies that John Dennis, in trust for Harriet Dennis, was the proprietor of five shares of capital stock. John Dennis (1780-1853) was born in Italy; he married Harriet Ann Fletcher (1804-1885) in Savannah, Georgia, in 1819.
[item identification], Central of Georgia Railway stock certificate, MS 212, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of Donald and Jessamine Gordon, 1930.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.