|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||G. Davis and Son (Savannah, Ga.)|
|Title:||G. Davis and Son (Savannah, Ga.) bill of sale|
|Dates:||1887 October 31|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
G. Davis and Son was a wholesale grocery business operating in Savannah, Georgia, on the corn of Bay Street and Jefferson streets from approximately 1887 until 1893. The Davis family took over the business of Graham and Hubbell in 1886 or 1887. George H. Davis, the son, worked as a clerk. the Savannah City Directories reflect a shift in the business from wholesale groceries in 1887 to hay and grain by 1893.
This collection consists of an itemized bill from G. Davis and Son for groceries sold to Messrs. F.B. Keller and Bro., Savannah, dated October 31, 1887.
[item identification], G. Davis and Son (Savannah, Ga.) bill of sale, MS 202, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.