|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Title:||Jesse Cox land grant and plat|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
No biographical information for Jesse Cox is available.
This collection consists of a land grant for Lot 120, consisting of 150 acres in Early County, to Jesse Cox. The land was located along the Flint River and was divided from land originally belonging to Creek and Cherokee Indians that was being disbursed under the 1822 laws. The land was granted by Georgia governor George R. Gilmer. A plat and pendant seal are attached.
[item identification], Jesse Cox land grant and plat, MS 181, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of Frank Mackall, 1935.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.