|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Chatham Hunt Club (Ga.)|
|Title:||Chatham Hunt Club minute book|
|Extent:||0.1 cubic feet (1 volume)|
The Chatham Hunt Club was organized in 1896, re-organized in 1905, and incorporated in 1906 in Chatham County, Ga., with the stated purpose to "promote and cultivate social recreation and intercourse among its members and to encourage and stimulate interest in Fox Hunting, riding and other country sports." Original members of the club included George F. Tennille, John K. Culver, Mills B. Lane, B.B. Neal, M.X. Corbin, S.P. Shotter, Wimberley Jones DeRenne, W.W. Mackall, William G. Barnwell, Frank M. Chisholm.
This collection is made up of a meeting minute book of the Chatham Hunt Club, January 1906-April 9, 1909. It contains the club constitution, a list of members, reports, etc.
[item identification], Chatham Hunt Club, MS 142, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of Lester Karow, 1949.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.