|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Chatham County (Ga.). Board of Commissioners.|
|Title:||Chatham County (Ga.) Board of Commissioners records|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
The Chatham County Board of Commissioners consists of a Chairman and eight district commissioners. The Chairman is elected at-large; all members of the board serve 4-year terms.
This collection consists of eleven items that were discarded from the files of the Chatham County Commissioners. The items are correspondence, a resolution, and payroll documents concerning the county chain-gang and drainage.
[Item identification], Chatham County (Ga.) Board of Commissioners records, MS 135, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of Charles Sullenger, Jr., 1958.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|Edward J. Thomas letter to J. H. Estill, 1889 February 3, 2.0 p.|
|Sent from Savannah, Georgia. Regarding proposed road to connect Burkhalter and Ogeechee roads through Garrard place.|
|Chain-gang prisoner Spencer McNarry and his lawyer, Ed. R. McKethan letter, 1893 August-September|
|Regarding McNarry’s missing coat. Action taken by commission is noted on McKethan’s letter|
|W. P. Carmichael, Supt. Of Drainage, and Frank E. Rebarer, Clerk of Council letter, 1893 October 9|
|Regarding drainage of pond off Waters Road.|
|Resolution of Commissioners regarding budget fund for Sanitary Inspector|
|Penciled note, dated October 11, 1893.|
|Chain-gang Account, Camp Lawton Number 1 and Camp Number 2, 1895 November|
|Drainage Account, Construction Department, 1895 October and November, 1895 November|
|Chain-gang, provision supplies, 1898 October, 1.0 p.|