|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Carr, T. W., (Thomas William), 1830-|
|Title:||T.W Carr letter and autographs|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
Thomas William Carr (b. 1830) was born in Clifton, County Gloucester in 1830. He received his B.A. in 1853 and his M.A. in 1857 from Wadham College in Oxford. Carr became the rector of Barming in Maidstone, Kent County, England, in 1865. He married Harriet Deacon (1829-1889) in Southborough on February 9, 1858. He remarried to Emily Mary Charlotte in 1891 after Harriet's death.
This collection consists of a letter from T.W. Carr to the Georgia Historical society, dated November 27, 1882, stating that he has sent a copy of Cave's History of Lambeth Palace to the society. The letter includes five autographs: John Byrd Sumner, Charles Thomas Longley, Archibald Campbell Tait (all of whom were Archbishops of Canterbury), the Bishop Suffragan of Dover, and Mr. T. Cave-Brown. The autographs are parts of complete notes and letters, all concerning Anglican Church matters.
Material was acquired from creator.
[Item identification], T.W. Carr letter and autographs, MS 122, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Gift of T.W. Carr, 1882.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.