|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Georgia. Militia (Burke County)|
|Title:||Burke County Militia returns|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
The Burke County Militia was established in Saint Georges Parish (later Burke County), Georgia, in 1774 after a number of fatal confrontations with local Native American tribes.
This collection consists of two military returns from the Burke County Militia, listing officers and numbers of men for the first and second battalions in 1792. The commander of the first battalion was Col. Thomas Lewis and the commander for the second battalion was Col. John Clements.
[Item identification], Burke County Militia returns, MS 110, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
|1st battalion of Burke County Militia|
|Gives whole number of men and lists names of officers.|
|2nd battalion of the Burke County Militia, 1792 February 1|
|Gives whole number of troops and list of officers.|