|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||Savannah (Ga.). City Court.|
|Title:||Nathan B. Brown summons|
|Extent:||0.05 cubic feet (1 folder)|
In 1853, the Georgia state legislature changed the name of the Court of Common Pleas to the City Court of Savannah; the court's jurisdiction expanded to include all of Chatham County in 1881. The court's name changed in 1970 to the State Court of Chatham County. Nathan B. Brown (b. 1836) is listed in the 1874 Savannah City Directory as being employed as a stevedore.
This collection consists of a summons issued issued by Robert R. Habersham, Sheriff of Chatham County to Nathan B. Brown to serve as a juror on February 6, 1874, on the Savannah, Georgia City Court.
[Item identification], Nathan B. Brown summons, MS 95, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.