|Repository:||Georgia Historical Society|
|Creator:||International Union of Bricklayer and Allied Craftsmen. Local 5 (Savannah, Ga.)|
|Title:||International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftsmen, Local 5 (Savannah, Ga.) minute book|
|Extent:||0.15 cubic feet (1 volume)|
The International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftsmen was founded in 1865 as the Bricklayers International Union of the United States and North America. In 1883, the organization changed to the Bricklayers and Masons International Union of America; the name again changed to include the plaster trade in 1910, becoming the Bricklayers, Masons, and Plasterers Union. In 1975, the organization became the International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftsmen, the name under which it currently operates.
This collection consists of a minute book for the local #5 (Savannah, Georgia) of the Bricklayers and Masons International Union of America. The volume covers September 4, 1905-December 19, 1911.
[Item identification], International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftsmen, Local 5 (Savannah, Ga.) minute book, MS 89, Georgia Historical Society, Savannah, Georgia.
Acquired from Clayton Donaldson, 1969.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Georgia Historical Society. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Division of Library and Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Georgia Historical Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.